Tracy's Watercolor Journal

Notes and photos from painting classes and personal paint sessions

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Dear Blog Readers

The posts that follow are notes intended for the students taking Ron Pratt's Watercolor painting class given at Rossmoor's Art Studios on Tuesday's from 9-12. It's meant as a recap of what we did step by step in each phase of painting. I hope you enjoy these posts and find them useful as you review what we did in a certain class. If I missed something, please let me know and I'll update the post.

If you're not a student of Ron's today, these step-by-step notes are offered with Ron's generous permission.  This is just a small sampling of the many projects I've worked on with Ron Pratt over some 3 years of study.  He is, in my opinion, the best watercolor teacher you could ask for - he's both a skilled painter and a skilled teacher.  These written notes do not, however, take the place of hands on teaching. If you are an aspiring painter, I strongly advise that you see for yourself and try one of Ron's classes!

Watch the Rossmoor News for dates of Ron's upcoming classes here. Also, if you are feeling adventurous and wish to venture out of Walnut Creek, Ron teaches 3 additional classes each week in Castro Valley. These are offered through the Hayward Area Park and Recreation Art Department. The Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning sessions there are focused on mastery of technique (similar to the class offered at Rossmoor). The  Wednesday afternoon class is geared toward advanced painters and the work focuses primarily on composition. If you are interested in these other options, follow this link to the Hayward Area Park and Recreation web site at: http://www.haywardrec.org/

Ron also offers private instruction. Contact Ron Pratt directly at (510) 366-7740.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home